The Community Manager position is a full time job, with location in Cape Town and trips to our other kitesurfing workation destinations in Mauritius, Durban and Namibia. The events outside Cape Town can last up to 3 months.
About CoworKite and workation program
Do you want to be part of unique digital nomad workation programs in Africa, meet global minds from across the globe and work in one of the most beautiful cities in the world? CoworKite brings together extraordinary and inspirational coworking community of 20 entrepreneurs, business owners and location independent professionals that share passion for kitesurfing, windsurfing and surfing. Our African coworking and coliving workations for digital nomads start in 2017 in the kitesurfing capital of the world, Cape Town, followed by Mauritius, Durban, Zanzibar and Namibia.
CoworKite is a comunity driven coworking space by the beach in Cape Town. CoworKite is on a mission to make co-working inspiring, good for your soul, a place where you can network and share knowledge with like-minded people.
We’re looking for a Community Manager to organize our first coworkation in Cape Town. Each coworkation will last for 3 months and there will be 2-3 week break before start of a new one. The position includes handling all activities, accommodation, events and intepersonal relations. Community Manager will be responsible for success of each workation and providing participants once in a lifetime experience.
Duties of Community Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Create productive, but relaxed environment where members can grow professionally, progress kitesurfing skills and meet like minded people.
- Building on the community spirit and manage conflicts within the community.
- Together with CoworKite Local Host connect with local tech and business community, create and organize business events like workshops, presentations, meetups and mastermind sessions.
- Together with CoworKite Local Host work with local vendors and professional kitesurfers to provide kitesurfing events, day trips, coaching sessions and other community events.
- Deal with coworking issues, managing desk usage, wifi issues, ordering supplies and services for office from vendors.
- Negotiating accommodation with apartment owners, managing apartments and members arrivals/departures.
- Handling finances and payments for accommodation, partners and vendors.
- In partnership with Marketing Manager implement marketing strategies and ensure that marketing, social media, PR and communications are promoting CoworKite’s brand and our values.
- Interviewing potential candidates and presenting workation program.
- Work experience in managing people and/or organizing events
- Self motivated with very strong organizational, time management, and problem solving abilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills (English)
- Passionate about meeting new people, strong interpersonal skills
- Proven ability of multitasking
- College graduate, preferably majoring in communications, marketing or sales
- Interest for water sports and adventure activities
- having a kitesurfing pro career is an advantage
What we offer
Meeting successfull entrepreneurs, being part of fantastic community and developing connections with successfull business people from all over the world
Basic salary plus revenue share from workation
Do what you love in an international environment in coworking office by the beach
Flex working hours
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV to e-mail email@example.com by 30 October 2017.